Snacks are a good Go-To to hold you over until your next meal. But the Simple Solution to fueling for energy instead of eating empty calories is to have healthy snacks on hand when you’re in a pinch. Preparation is always the key to Success. Not being armed with healthy snacks at home or at work, causes most people to eat whatever is in sight….. without even thinking.
Benefits of Snacks on Hand:
- Eat healthier/more nutrients – Prevents you from eating junk food => less calories = lose or maintain weight.
- Maintains your energy level throughout the day to fuel your body with nutrients vs. drinking caffeine for energy.
- Holds you over til your next meal.
Shop on the weekend for snacks to take to work during the week and to have at home. Keep it simple – have the same snacks at work everyday. Think of Food as fuel – and not a party in your mouth!
Be Aware of Portion Sizes:
Measure your snacks or buy the pre-portioned packs. Calories DO count. Keep your snacks around 100-200 calories. Drink a bottle of water w/your snack to aid with hydration and satiety.
Wellness Wisdom: Sometimes we think we’re hungry but it’s thirst that is crying out for our attention. Hydration is important for brain function as well as all other metabolic functions of the body.
My Fav Go-To Snacks:
- Apple and peanut butter
- Apple and string cheese
- String Cheese or cheese squares and mixed fruit.
- Raw vegetables and hummus
- Protein shake and handful of peanuts
- Hot tea and mini Kind bar. 🙂
- Half bagel and natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Protein bar w/hot tea or water